Pages


Please excuse the "details" and "pricing" pages at this time... as I am currently taking
an extended break from photography...
I will not be scheduling any new photoshoots at this time.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Tea Party for Two...

I have been dying to do a super-girlie stylized shoot for my little girl for the past few years; I just have never been able to find the time to do so... until now!  And truly, the timing couldn't have been more perfect, she is at the perfect age where "make believe", and "pretend fun" are pretty much her entire world right now.  :)  So for once, I didn't have to 'twist her arm' to get her to cooperate for these photos.  LOL.  We had her little cousin join in on the fun too. I'm SO pleased with the way these turned out... over-the-top frilly-girliness!!  haha!
And a little extra fun fact:  (Well, fun for me, anyway)  I didn't have to go out of my way to hunt for these props!  I think that's the number one reason why I am so proud of this shoot... My sister and I were on a no-spending-month, so I had to wrack my brain and use only the things I had on hand... banners were made by me from birthdays/ showers in months past, tulle "tent" is what I had on hand (have been planning on incorporating it into Brier's room for 3 years now, STILL haven't gotten around to it), all of the little nick nacks/ cake stands are decorations from my home, and Brier's room, I made the flower halos myself from flowers my sister had on hand, And the tea set is Brier's from a few years back.  The ONLY thing I bought for this shoot was the crown... I simply could NOT resist.  LOL.  Can you blame me?!?
P.S. can you spot the little vintage photograph of my mother as a little girl?  :)  Honestly you'd probably never know that it's even a picture of a person at all, but I still adore the sentiment it has for ME in these photos.  :)

"Everything's a story - You are a story - I am a story"
-Frances Hodgson Burnett,  A Little Princess


"I am a princess.  All girls are.  Even if they live in tiny old attics.  Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young.  They're still princesses."
-Franes Hodgson Burnett, A Little Princess



No comments: